In observance of Women in Medicine Month, leadership at UF Health Jacksonville and the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville would like to recognize our female physicians and health care workers who lead in excellence every day.
Our Mission and Vision
To promote and invest in advancement, leadership and success for women in medicine and science by facilitating career opportunities through engagement, collaboration, networking, education and mentorship.
An equitable work environment in which all women in medicine and science can succeed and thrive in their careers.
Anyone can be an at-large member and attend events, meetings and activities. Members can also join subcommittees for professional development and networking opportunities.
A group of nominated faculty and advanced health care practitioners who work with the associate dean for inclusion and equity and co-chairs of the executive committee on developing, leading and implementing activities. Subcommittees include: awards, communications, data and reports, education and professional development and allyship. Each subcommittee is led by two co-chairs.
Members of the University of Florida Health Science Center – Jacksonville women leadership team who serve as advisors to the subcommittee co-chairs and executive committee members.
UFHSC-Jacksonville Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) programs and events will strive to:
- Provide forums for women faculty, resident and allied health care professionals to network, support common goals and address common concerns
- Educate and prepare women for success in professional advancement, including promotion and tenure
- Promote allyship of male leaders to support women faculty development and mentorship
- Highlight internal/local, state and national speakers on topics important to women in medicine and science § Promote leadership skills and professional development among women
- Utilize feedback from participants to strengthen programs
TIME’S UP Healthcare
On December 12, 2019, UF Health Jacksonville announced its participation in and unwavering support for TIME’S UP Healthcare, a new national initiative dedicated to ensuring safe, fair, and dignified work for women in the industry. TIME’S UP Healthcare is a part of TIME’S UP, which launched in January 2018 to support women who experience sexual misconduct and related retaliation in the workplace across multiple industries.
UF Health Jacksonville is now a signatory of TIME’S UP Healthcare, with a focus on the following core principles:
- Sexual harassment and gender inequity have no place in the health care workplace. UF Health Jacksonville is committed to preventing sexual harassment and gender inequity and protecting and aiding those who are targets of harassment and discrimination.
- UF Health Jacksonville believes every employee should have equitable opportunity, support, and compensation.
- UF Health Jacksonville cannot address a problem without understanding its scope and impact. It will measure and track sexual harassment and any gender-based inequities reported in our institution
Addressing Salary Equity
Addressing salary equity at an academic health center is critical to attracting and retaining talented faculty. Since 2010, the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville has been conducting periodic reviews of faculty compensation, with an aim to promote equitable practices. In 2019, the college contracted with an outside consultant to assess 2018 faculty compensation.